Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Social Media Stupidity Epidemic Takes Nation By Storm

Social Media has taken quite a hold on the world. It seems there's not a minute that goes by that there isn't mention of one form of it or another. It's in commercials, printed advertisements, and you rarely hear a conversation between two people where it isn't mentioned a time or two. The problem is, it seems to be making people dumber-er. Yep, dumber-er. It's true. All the abbreviations and lazy lingo used on these forums seems to have replaced normal English. It makes me wonder how many times these people were actually dropped on their heads as infants. I mean, I get the occasional typo here and there, but this is far worse than typos. This is, perhaps, an non-curable epidemic of sorts. There definitely should be a vaccination in the works for this mass outbreak of stupidity and nonsensical talk! If  man could come up with a vaccine to prevent Polio, surely someone, somewhere could come up with one to cure this garbage, right?! It would be epic! It would be a miracle of modern medicine, that's for sure!

I have to admit, I have had quite a bit of fun with the aforementioned dumbassery.  I'm not gonna lie, I have literally laughed out loud at some of this crap. Just the other day, one post, in particular, provided hours of laughter as it stated that this person had  "Chillopett" for lunch. Of course, my first thought was, "what in the hell is a Chillopett?!" Then the ideas started rolling in, complete with imagery in my head of what this lunch could have possibly consisted of....Maybe a hybrid of a Chia Pet and a Pillow Pet? Maybe a frozen Pillow Pet? Maybe it's a Pillow Pet on a Chalupa shell?And how would one garnish that? How is that cooked? Can that be adapted to be made in a slow-cooker? Maybe this chick has PICA and I shouldn't be laughing at the fact that she is eating stuffed animals and ceramic planters? What the hell is a Chillopett? After an extensive internet search and a few phone calls, I still  don't know. I didn't have the heart to ask. I simply responded with a thumbs up and an "mmm....sounds good!"

Truth be told, I really find it rather sad that some people have, apparently, completely forgotten how to speak and spell correctly. I offer the following, real-life example: "...it's out of conetroll..." I really actually saw this used in place of, what I can only assume was supposed to be "control"...I had a lot of fun with that one, too....Here, I'll show you:

Cone Troll


The moral of the story is: The world is going to Hell in a hand-basket (whatever that means) and I think social media and texting are partially to blame. The other part, we'll go ahead and keep blaming on the whole dropped on the head as a baby thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment